Crochet – Hat With Brim

http://www.crochetgeek.com/2009/05/crochet-hat-with-brim.html

I kind of struggled with this one, for some reason.  My gauge was off – I went from too small, to too big, back to too small, and finally ended up with a little big.  Actually, when I first finished, I thought it was going to be really big.  But after I put it on my model head, it didn’t seem too big.

I started by following the pattern exactly, and it was looking too small. So I ripped back, and did 3 extra increase rounds.  The hat seemed way too big.  So I ripped back again and did 1 extra increase round.  Uh oh….the hat’s looking small again.  So, once again, I ripped back and ended up doing 2 extra increase rounds.  That one seems to work:

Image

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s