Here’s my first week-in-review to re-cap my projects on a weekly basis.
- Last week, I managed to attach just one square to my Peace Sign Blanket, square #7. It’s pretty slow-going because the edging I chose, a blanket-stitch, I think it’s called, is very tedious. And because I have a short attention span when it comes to projects. Hopefully I can make some good progress this week, finishing up Row 2.
- I made no progress on my cardigan, I’m afraid. I’m hoping to at least finish the 2nd sleeve this week.
- I also did not work on my cross stitch project at all 😦
- I did manage to almost finish my first square on my log cabin blanket. I’m ready to start the border, but wanted to steam block it first. Problem is, I don’t really have a steamer. Well, I do….but it’s not a portable one, which means, I need to drag it out of the closet just to steam block one little square. Unless I just do some cleaning afterwards 🙂 Note to self: buy portable steamer.
- I also tried the 2nd hand sanitizer bottle cozy pattern: I think I like the 2nd pattern better. It has a much better fit, although crocheting with that tiny, tiny, crochet thread is a bit tedious. At least I found something I can use my crochet thread for! I hope to make one or two more of these this week. And if they are nice enough…they can be potential Xmas gifts.
- And something I’m particularly proud of….I made a soup can pencil cup. The reason I’m so darned proud of this is because I did not follow any pattern to make this. I got the inspiration from a Ravelry pattern, but worked mine in the round instead of flat. And it fit! Like a glove! So darned happy with this one.
Goals for this week:
- Finish attaching squares for Row #2 on peace sign blanket.
- Finish the 2nd sleeve on the cardigan.
- Steam block the log cabin blanket square and knit the border.
- Make 2 more hand sanitizer cozies.
- Start the first lace panel on the cardigan.
- If, if, if there’s time….Gray Gardens Entrelac Headband.